Epoxy flooring provides a highly durable and slip-resistant surface not to mention its ability to transform an old, tired space into a highly decorative and attractive one. Epoxy flooring Sydney not only provides great aesthetics, but it also assists and reinforces the existing substrate providing a protective layer and protecting the substrate from further corrosive effects of the environment.
If you have a deteriorated existing floor, then an epoxy resin coating will provide protection of that substrate effectively maintaining or even increasing the floors life expectancy.
Epoxy flooring may not be something that you’ve heard of before but in its simplest definition, it is a flooring surface that is made up of multiple layers of epoxy that is applied to the floor to a depth of at least two millimetres.
Some of our Suppliers are included but not limited to:
The difference between an epoxy floor and an epoxy floor coating lies in the depth of the epoxy. As stated, an epoxy floor must be at least two millimetres thick. Any epoxy floor that is less than two millimetres thick is best referred to as an epoxy floor coating or epoxy floor paint.
You might also be wondering what exactly epoxy is. Epoxy, in this case, refers to a system that is made up of two main components, resins and hardeners. The resin and hardener are mixed together where they chemically react to form a rigid plastic material that is strong, resistant to degradation and that bonds extremely well to its substrate. Epoxy floors are so strong that they can be used in even the most demanding of industrial environments.
For car enthusiast and DIY mechanics who like to work in the garage, an epoxy coating is a perfect choice. If you spill gas, brake fluids, or other harsh chemicals that help keep vehicles running, all you have to do is wipe them up and get back to work.
- Epoxy flooring can restore lustre and hide imperfections. If you have already done a number on your floor, applying the epoxy coating is a great way to cover up any blemishes and provide a uniform look. In fact, the epoxy will actually fill in cracks and ultimately provide a stronger surface.
- Epoxy floor coating can reduce dust and provide a cleaner environment. The garage tends to be a dirty and dusty place, but a lot of that dust isn’t necessarily being brought in from the outside on your cars, bikes and other outdoor equipment. If you have ever swept your concrete floor, you know it can feel like a never-ending job because the concrete actually creates its own fine dust that can settle throughout the garage. For those with breathing and allergy problems, this dust can be an irritant.
The epoxy coating acts as a sealer, which means that it also eliminates dust and makes it easy to sweep and clean your garage. You don’t have to worry about creating more dust as you try to clean up.
In addition, less moisture also means that your concrete floor won’t experience as much expanding and contracting as weather conditions change. This will help prevent cracks and protect the integrity of your floor.
- You can add texture for safety. Epoxy flooring creates a smooth surface that looks great but can become slippery when wet. Fortunately, you can increase safety by adding slip-resistant aggregate to the epoxy coating. This will provide a certain level of grip and friction that will help prevent falls.
- Reflective properties enhance the light. The garage tends to be a dark and cavernous room. Even strategically places overhead lights can leave dark corners. Epoxy flooring is available in high gloss options that will brighten the room by reflecting and enhancing both natural and artificial light. This will make the garage a more welcoming space where you can easily work on projects without straining your eyes.
- Epoxy flooring is environmentally friendly. Instead of replacing damaged cement floors which require demolishing and disposing of materials and using additional materials, the epoxy flooring can save your existing floor. This allows you to reuse good materials and avoid creating unneeded waste.
Epoxy flooring is a great way to dress up your garage and some luxury to a room that is often overlooked. The good news is that this treatment also provides many practical benefits that go well beyond aesthetic appeal. Not only will your garage cement floor look great, but it will also provide a brighter, more water and damage-resistant surface that will continue to look like new for many years to come.